New entrants into the industry or those who have been away from it for some time will require 'New Operative' training.
This is a minimum 3 day course and in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice (L143) and The Licensed Contractor's Guide (HSG247), it covers the following elements:
- What is asbestos? How has it been used in premises;
- The health effects of exposure to asbestos;
- Enclosure construction;
- Controlled stripping techniques;
- Respiratory Protective Equipment;
- Personal Protective Equipment and clothing;
- Transit procedures and decontamination;
- Cleaning and clearance air testing;
- Plant and equipment (demonstration);
- Waste management and disposal;
- Emergency procedures;
- Non-asbestos hazards;
- Fault finding;
- Roles and responsibilities;
- Site inspections and record keeping;
- Management systems and monitoring;
- Risk assessments and Plans of Work.
The course is designed to be run with both classroom and practical sessions. AT&C Ltd are proud that the focus is on delivering training in those practical skills needed for an Operative to work on site. There is a heavy emphasis on practical and although written tests are undertaken, it is the application of the knowledge that drives this UKATA approved and registered course.
|||A major section of the course centers on decontamination procedures, and all delegates must undertake full decontamination which involves removal of all clothing, and showering in a mobile decontamination unit (DCU).|
All successful delegates receive certificates and site cards issued via the UKATA database. The certificate is valid for one year.
New Operative Training Course (3 days) - 19 - 21 June 2017.
Venue: ATAC - Ltd, Upper Edmonton, N18
** IF THERE ARE SUFFICIENT NUMBERS, OUR NEW OPERATIVE COURSE CAN BE EXTENDED TO FOUR DAYS, WHICH WOULD INCLUDE BOTH HALF AND FULL MASK FACE-FITS AND AN ASBESTOS MEDICAL. IF NUMBERS ARE LOW, WE WILL DIRECT YOU TO OUR FACE-FIT PARTNERS, WeFitRPE, AND A REGISTERED EMAS DOCTOR.
Follow Open Asbestos Training Courses to see our up-coming planned courses. Please call us on 0800 025 7091 or email